Royal Botanical Gardens – 680 Plains Rd W
- The Main site has outdoor rose gardens and flower beds and indoor greenhouses. Other sites close by include the Rock Garden and the Arboretum (with trails by the lake)
Dundurn Castle – 610 York Blvd
- Historic Regency house, completed in 1835. Rooms and grounds open to the public.
Art Gallery of Hamilton – 123 King St W
- Art museum with interesting Canadian and International works.
Bayfront Park and Waterfront – 200 Harbour Front Dr
- Open park by the lake. From here you can walk past the harbour as far as HMS Haida, which is open to the public.
Spencer Gorge, Webster’s Falls and Tew’s Falls
- Conservation area in Dundas with woodland trails and waterfalls by the Niagara Escarpment.
Dundas Valley Conservation Area – 650 Governors Rd, Dundas
- Woodland trails by the Niagara Escarpment.
- Nature trails by the lake accessible from McMaster or from Princess Point in Westdale