Maps and full details of how to travel to McMaster are available on the University web site:
From Toronto, Oakville, Burlington (Central Campus)
- Travel westbound on the QEW or Highway 407
- In Burlington, take Highway 403 to downtown Hamilton
- Exit Highway 403 at the Main Street West off ramp
- At the traffic signal turn left on to Main Street West, and then:
- For South Campus, Science & Engineering buildings, or the McMaster University Medical Centre
Continue along Main Street West to Emerson Street and turn right at the Main Street West entrance onto the McMaster campus.
- For West Campus, Alumni offices, West Quad student residences, or the Campus Services Buildings
Continue along Main Street West and turn right onto Cootes Drive. Take the off ramp on your right onto the McMaster campus.
- For Central Campus, the McMaster University Student Centre, or North Quad student residences
After turning left onto Main Street West, turn immediately right on Newton Avenue. As this street crosses King Street it becomes Sterling Street. Proceed up Sterling Street onto the McMaster campus.
GO Transit provides direct transit service to McMaster’s GO Terminal on west campus, from Sunday to Friday, along two GO Transit corridors:
- An express bus connection to/from the Burlington GO Station with convenient transfers with the Lakeshore GO train service.
- GO bus service along the Highway 407 corridor includes service at three carpool lots in Burlington and Oakville, as well as bus stops in Mississauga, Brampton and York University.
- Burlington Transit’s route #1 bus travels along Plains Road and Fairview Street from the Appleby GO Station to downtown Hamilton, where you can transfer to a Mac-bound Hamilton Transit (HSR) bus.
- Directions for Bus Charters: Follow detailed directions above, to appropriate campus entrance.
If you are flying, you will arrive at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ).
GO Bus from the Airport
To get to McMaster from the airport, the GO bus is convenient. The terminal 1 transit hub at the Airport can be found on the ground level between column Q1 and Q2 on the second curb. You can travel to terminal 1 from other terminals using the free terminal link train.
From the Airport, take GO Bus 40 towards Hamilton. You can change in Downtown Hamilton or at Square One in Mississauga, to get the connection to McMster Campus. Services are frequent. Details are available from https://www.gotransit.com/en/trip-planning/plan-your-trip