IMPORTANT NOTE: Applications can be submitted in both official languages, French or English; however, the application system interface is in English only.
It is only through the generous donations received from members and friends that the CAP, through its Foundation, is able to offer the following student scholarships. Click on the links associated with each scholarship for eligibility criteria and application instructions.
Allan Carswell Physics Educator Scholarship
- Awarded annually
- This scholarship recognizes the critical importance and value of having people who are trained in, and passionate about, physics engaging young Canadians in the classrooms of this country.
- Up to 2 scholarships, valued at up to $5,000 CDN are awarded every year starting 2020.
- Current application deadline: February 4, 2024. Click here for more details.
Stoicheff Graduate Scholarship
- This joint CAPF/OSAF Stoicheff scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student in a Canadian university/college who has demonstrated both research excellence and significant service to the CAP and/or broader Canadian physics community.
- Awarded by the CAP on even years and the Optica Foundation (formerly OSA Foundation) on odd years. Please visit the Optica Foundation for more details when it is their year to award.
- For even years when the CAP administers the award:
- One scholarship, valued at $3,000 CDN.
- Current application deadline: February 4th, 2024 .
- Click here for more details about CAP-awarded years
Svensson Graduate Scholarship
- Awarded on odd years
- The Svensson scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student in a Canadian university/college who has demonstrated both research excellence and significant service to the CAP and/or broader Canadian physics community
- One scholarship, valued at $3,000 CDN
- Next application deadline: February 2025
- Click here for more details