Upcoming issue: Science Outreach Vol. 73 (3) (Marina Milner-Bolotin, Sarah Johnson)
The third issue of 2017 will be a theme issue on Physics Outreach in Canada which is scheduled to be out to members/subscribers by the end of October. The papers in this issue will discuss various physics and science outreach activities taking place all across Canada. Guest Editors for this issue include Marina Milner-Bolotin (University of British Columbia) and Sarah D. Johnson (Simon Fraser University).
- High School Outreach by Postsecondary Students, by Miriam Hewlett and Svetlana Barkanova (Acadia University)
- Inquiry-Based Education at Canada’s Synchrotron Facility, by Tracy Walker (Canadian Light Source)
- Bringing Quantum to the Masses, by Martin Laforest (Institute for Quantum Computing)
- Medical Physics Outreach at Ryerson University, by Graham Pearson (Ryerson University)
- Science Rendezvous: Innovation in Science Outreach for Canada, by Kelsey Miller (Science Rendezvous, Toronto)
- Girls Exploring Physics, by Sarah Johnson (Simon Fraser University)
- IsoSiM Program: Fostering the Next Generation of Science Leaders, by Stuart Shepherd, Lisa Lambert and Elizabeth Montroy (TRIUMF)
- Outreach Opportunities for Undergraduate Students through the Physics Communication Course at the University of Guelph, by Joanne M. O’Meara, Christian Schultz-Nielsen, and Martin Williams (University of Guelph)
- Phunky Physics at the University of Windsor, by Chitra Rangan (University of Windsor)
- Family Mathematics and Science Day at UBC Faculty of Education, by Marina Milner-Bolotin and Valery Milner (University of British Columbia)
- Four Decades of High School Physics Olympics Competitions at the University of British Columbia, by Theresa Liao, Janis McKenna and Marina Milner-Bolotin (University of British Columbia)
- Using Photo-Research Exhibits as Science Outreach, by Eden J.V. Hennessey, Mindy D. Foster and Shohini Ghose (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Visit our Physics in Canada website at https://cap.ca/pic-pac/ for the full, searchable, archive of published issues.