The first issue of 2018 will be a theme issue on Neutron Scattering Research in Canada which is scheduled to go out to members/subscribers by the end of March 2018. The papers in this issue will provide a brief history of the NRU and the pending NRU reactor closure. The Guest editors for this issue are Daniel Banks (CNBC) and Young-June Kim (U. Toronto).
- The first decade of neutron scattering at Chalk River by Tom Holden (Northern Stress Technologies)
- Early experimental evidence of a topological quantum state by Bill Buyers (NRC), Mechthild Enderle (Institut Laue-Langevin, France) and Michel Kenzelmann (Paul-Scherrer Institut, Switzerland)
- The Canadian Neutron Beam Centre: 1985 to the present day by John Root and Daniel Banks (CNBC)
- Prospects for Canadians after NRU by Thad Harroun (Brock University)
- Microstructure and Solidification Analysis of Al-Ce-Mg by Dimitry Sediako and Joshua Stroh (UBC)
- Neutron Scattering from Quantum Materials with the Spallation Neutron Source by Bruce Gaulin and Jonathan Gaudet (McMaster University)
- Recent Triple-Axis Neutron Scattering Studies of Quantum Materials at the Chalk River NRU Reactor by Zahra Yamani (NRC)
- Neutrons and Biology by Maikel Rheinstadter (McMaster University)
- Canadian Research Combining Neutron Reflectometry and Electrochemistry by Jamie Noel (University of Western Ontario)
- Neutron Reflectometry Investigation of Near Ionomer/Catalyst Interface Structure in Polymer Electrolyte Based Energy Devices by Kunal Karan (University of Calgary)
- Neutron Reflectometry by James Noël (Western University)
Visit our Physics in Canada website at https://cap.ca/pic-pac/ for the full, searchable, archive of published issues.